WordPress 4.9.5 Security and Maintenance Release now available for download. This maintenance and security release was issued by WordPress and is for all the previous versions. WordPress suggests strongly that you have this update applied to your WordPress website without delay. This update comes as three security issues were found in the previous version, 4.9.4.
WordPress 4.9.5 contains the following three security fixes:
- Don’t treat localhost as the same host by default.
- Use safe redirects when redirecting the login page if SSL is forced.
- Make sure the version string is correctly escaped for use in generator tags.
There were a further 25 bugs fixed in this update including:
- Improved compatibility with PHP 7.2
- Cropping on touch screen devices is now supported
- The previous styles used on caption shortcodes have been restored.
You can find further details on the latest WordPress update here.